- RGBMKE – Red, Bike & Green Milwaukee. A collective of Black urban cyclists improving the health,economy & local environment of African Americans by creating relevant & sustainable Black bike culture
- Black Girls do Bike Milwaukee – It’s like a pep rally for black girls on bikes! Blackgirlsdobike.com‘s interest is in growing and supporting a community of women of color who share a passion for cycling. We champion efforts to introduce the joy of cycling to all women, but especially, black women and girls. We are establishing a comfortable place where female cyclist can support, advise, organize meet-ups/rides and promote skill-sharing. We look to share positive images of ladies and their bikes that affirm the truth that black girls do indeed bike! We support bike advocacy, awareness, education and safety in all communities and corners of the world.
- The Bella Donnas – Milwaukee’s premier all-girl, non-competitive, mentoring and motivational cycling group. We are a social group of road and mountain bikers who work together to get girls off their sofas, onto their bikes and out into the world to have fun!
- Ladies Revolution – Ladies’ Revolution gets women together to talk bicycles, go on group rides, and fix bikes. We are all about learning from each other.
- Milwaukee Bike Polo
- MKEBKE – A Milwaukee bicycle community. Home of the Underwear Ride. Join the Facebook group.
Other community shops
- Dream Bikes – DreamBikes is a non-profit organization that strategically places used bicycle stores in low-to-moderate income neighborhoods to provide hands-on, paid job training to teens.
- Vulture Space – Vulture Space is a do-it-yourself bike shop where you can make use of work stands and tools to learn how to fix, maintain, and build bikes.
- BikeCollectives.org – Community bicycle organizations from around the country
Independently-owned, for profit shops
Laws, advocacy & information
Pedal powered businesses
- Rebel – Home of Rebel Wipes and partner for South Side Bike Day.
- Pedal Pusher Society – All female cycling gang. More casually oriented.
- MB3: Milwaukee Business by Bike – Advocates for more cycling friendly businesses.
- Over the Bars in Milwaukee – The blog of Dave Schlabowske, the city’s bicycle and pedestrian coordinator.